Valley of Flowers National Park, Uttarakhand, India
Who in this world would not want to go to a place that looks and feels like heaven. Dwelling in the lap of the Himalayas, walking towards the beauty of nature, you will want to spend time and refresh their minds in the misty winds and authentic sceneries. The Valley of Flowers Tours in India is one of the most exotic places to visit for you if you have a deep interest in nature and the views and feels that encompasses it. It is a real beauty that makes the viewer spellbound and helps them perceive the notion of eternal beauty. It has its situation in the Himalayan region of Uttarakhand. People and tourists from all over the world come to see its exotic creation of flora and fauna. With the most relaxing and peaceful environment, you are sure to enjoy the space to the fullest!
Famous for the charming meadows and alpine flowers, the Valley of Flowers places itself near Badrinath in the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand. Being a famous National park since 1982 and achieving a title of UNESCO World Heritage site since July 14, 2005, it is one of the most welcoming space for not just the residents but also the tourists. It is a space that blossoms up with a wide range of flowers and a room for several rare and exotic birds. Very commonly known amongst trekkers around the world, it is a common attraction for an adventure.
Valley of Flowers from Dehradun
Valley of Flowers from Dehradun opens up in June for everyone till the first week of October. It brings forth the best monsoon beauty that you will ever come across. It caters to the best vacation commitments that you make for a trip. Despite the break from the routine, it renders to mental and emotional satisfaction. Just as it comes with a magnetizing name Valley of Flowers , it smells refreshing and is the best to visit during the monsoon months of July and August. It also has several tourist locations that are a must-visit if one comes to this flower basket.
Important facts about Valley of flowers national park.
- Location : Near Badrinath, in Garhwal Region of Uttarakhand.
- National Park : It was declared as National park in 1982.
- World Heritage Site : Declared as World Heritage Site on July 14, 2005 by UNESCO.
- Best time to visit : July and August
- Hotels : Blue Poppy Swiss Cottage camps and Blue Poppy Resorts in Auli.
- Entry Fee: Rs. 150 for Indians and Rs. 650 For non-Indians
- Entry Timings : 7 am to 5 pm
- Opening Date : 1st June
- Closing Date : 4th October
- Time needed for Valley of flowers trek : 7 days Ex Haridwar.
Why should you visit the Valley of Flowers ?
Visitors often come to a place with a motive to satisfy themselves. They either come up for recreation, but most importantly, come up to quench the thirst. The following are the reasons why you should visit the Valley of Flowers :
- Heritage site: It is a part of Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve, a part of the heritage sites. It comes up from the world that is a must-visit for every person to check for the beauty that made it so attractive and reach the world lists.
- Perfect nature: Nature is bliss and one of the best gifts to humans. You can reach up to space and realize the beauty. You can also fee the satisfaction that it renders to the mind and soul. It helps to imbibe the calmness and go back fresh.
- Trekking: To trek is one of the most joyous and adventurous parts that you can experience temperature in Valley of Flowers. You can choose to go for a monsoon trek and not just have an adventure perk but also pick up the ways to interact with beautiful nature.
- Unique flora: Flowers are not just the benchmark but are also the pin pointers of a healthy and blooming nature. Visiting it in the monsoon will help you see fascinating flowers like Bramha kamal that bloom in the monsoon season.
- Rare and endangered animals: Your trip to the beautiful natural location will go in vain if one does not come across the site of faunas. It includes the Brown bear, blue sheep, red fox, musk deer, snow leopard, and other rare and endangered kinds.
- Bird-watching: Bird watching is a must-do when you come to the Valley of Flowers . It is home to several exotic species of birds, including the Himalayan Monal. Just like its vivid colors, it will make you feel the diversity present in the region.
- Himalayan view: What is a better example of a snow-capped mountain than the Himalayas? Visiting it will help you retrace the childhood dream of seeing the Himalayas close. With its wide ranges and natural carvings, it adds to the perks.
- Perfect photography: Nature goes blank and colorless without its real spectators and captures. The Valley of Flowers is the best space to seize and enjoy for the people who love to see the world through their camera lenses and capture memories.
- Pilgrimage: With roads splitting into two ways, one can easily track their paths to the Sikh pilgrimage. It solves the purpose of both completing a religious tour and at the same time enjoying the gift from God.
- A blend of traditional history: As per the Hindu traditions, the Sanjeevni, the herb that gave life to Lord Ram’s brother, Laxman, also has its origin here. It hence helps the visitors grow close to the mythological history.
About Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve
Discovered around 1931 and established in 1982, it is a colorfully painted landscape that spread over 87.5 square kilometers. It consists of Nanda Devi and Valley of Flowers National park. It finds itself in the peak of Nanda Devi at an altitude of about 3658 above sea level. It has within itself an inner and outer sanctuary that comes in its region. It offers layers of surprises as you move within. It has an exotic species of birds, animals, and flowers that are a tourist attraction and are an asset to the country.
We offer the most beautiful trip to the lap of nature and render services that are the best. It helps to have a view of the space and also helps with getting the knowledge. We place forth an opportunity of visiting the Valley of Flowers that one would never want to miss. We also cater to trips around the Valley to the regions of Badrinath, Hemkund Sahib, Auli, and several other never to miss places. With so much to look around and explore, you are sure to feel great!
Location of Valley of Flowers national park
Valley of flowers national park is located in Chamoli district in the state of Uttarakhand India. This is remotely located and it takes minimum 3 days to reach from Haridwar. The last motor-able point is Govindghat. Check our trek itinerary page for more day wise information. It is around 500 km from New Delhi and 300 km from Haridwar. Our page on how to reach, we have given distances between important points and time required between them, different modes of transportation available to reach here.
It is located 300 Kms North of Rishikesh, near Badrinath. You need to Travel by Road till Govindghat and from there the trek to Valley of Flowers starts. Govindghat is 20 Kms before Badrinath. Till Govidghat there is a motor-able Road, now you can drive upto Pulna village. Rishikesh is 6 Hours Drive from New Delhi, India.
You can check our Trek itinerary page for detailed itinerary of the tour.
Trekking in Valley of Flowers
Trekking is one of the most adventurous activities that one can ever indulge in for a tourist. It does not just cater to physical fitness but also upholds and promotes mental health. A trek in the Valley of Flowers is the most satisfying but is on the bucket list of several trekking lovers. It accounts for a blend of scenery when one moves along, and the climate and the soothing environment keep washing the tiredness. With so much to explore in just a trek, one can smoothly grab and keep in hand several memories that come in handy to the people who choose it.
Trekking itineraries and other essentials are a must carry for a smooth trip. You can look forward to situations that will give one the joy of being in the midst of the mountain. There will also be times when one will wish to stay back no matter what. With a charming environment with flora and fauna, the Valley of Flowers offers an exotic trek that none will ever forget!
Base camp Ghangaria
A day’s trek is never enough to satisfy the people who are into the world of adventure. Base camp Gangaria is the halt location for all the trekkers to fresh up, stay, and get ready for a new day. It has lodges and hotels that allow for privacy. At the same time, it caters to the needs of a day’s trek. It comes in between the venture to the Valley of Flowers . It is a property under the forest department that is well maintained and has plenty to look around and perceive. With the perks of being able to stay amid nature, it allows for interaction with the real world.
We offer various trekking packages that are good to go and are equally interesting to have in hand. With smart packages that do not drain the pockets, you can rest assure and enjoy the trek wholeheartedly. We cater to an essential part of rendering entertainment and enjoyment to everyone who comes to the place. With a place centric to the Valley of Flowers and the region that blooms every monsoon, one can have a trekking experience that none can have! You can go for pre-booking space and before coming to a trek. It eases up the process and caters to a hassle-free service. With beauty brimming from every nook and corner of the place, one should never miss visiting it.
Opening and Closing dates of Valley of Flowers in 2021.
Valley of flowers opened on 1st July 2021 and will close on 4th October, 2021. It remained closed for public in 2013 after the floods in June 2013 till 4th October, 2014 as the trek between Ghangaria and the valley was damaged. It was reconstructed by September, 2014 and valley was opened for public for 6 days from 4th October to 9th October, 2014. You can visit out best time to visit to know what will be best time among these four months of accessibility of the valley. Read our full post on Valley of flowers opening date 2021
Opening and closing time for visitors
The usual and the most official time for visiting starts at 7 am till 2 pm in the noon. It requires you to start trekking back to the camp by 1:30 pm and touch the place safely by 5 pm. It is advisable to reach the entry gate by 6:45 am to get the first-hand ticket into the Valley and enjoy it to the maximum time. Trekking from the entry to the place you have to go takes time as everyone has their pace. It is hence better to keep a margin to avoid bad experiences.
Route map of the Valley of Flowers trek
Several routes are available for trekking. You can have a picture of where you will travel during the trip. The following is the pathway that helps a person know about the region and prepare accordingly. We tend to cover most of the place to help give an insight. The following are the benchmarks for the trekking:
- The start place of the Valley of Flowers trek starts from Govindghat that has a well-set road. It also has a well-set connection of taxis and shared taxis to go through and enjoy the scenes.
- You will find several mules are porters that will help with the baggage. The best is to carry a small backpack with the essentials. You can send the other luggage to the resort with the conveyance.
- It helps you to trek in peace and carry only light loads to enjoy the trekking journey. It is better to keep a bottle that you can refill as per personal need.
- Starting from Govindghat to the start place, you will then ascend towards the Ghangaria. You will walk alongside River Laxman Ganga and will be able to see it till you cross the bridge.
- It is advisory to carry a stick as the journey to the Valley of Flowers . Although it has a smooth road, it may contain some steep patches that can be dangerous.
- Once you cross the bridge, you will be able to see snack and lunch spaces where you can rest for a while. You can also have lunch to gain back the energy to continue the adventure.
- After this, the journey begins from Ghangaria to the Valley of beautiful nature and exotic flowers. The trekking inside the flower valley is about two to three kilometers.
- A tourist can only trek through the first three kilometers of the Valley of Flowers as the rest comes under the core forest region. With beautiful surroundings, you can spend time in nature.
- Alternatively, you can also take another path from Ghangaria and travel to the Hemkund Sahib. Known as a place of Sikh pilgrimage, it is a must-visit place.
- Surrounded by the mystic glacier lakes and snowy mountains, it has a Gurudwara. If you find the trek difficult, you can choose to smooth it. You can use the mules for hire.
Temperature and Climate
The entire temperature of the region is pleasant and excellent to go for most of the tourists. It is not very cold as it is open during the post-summer season. The trek is usually in the monsoon season after summers and hence is relaxing. The places to stay at Ghangaria is also the best fit space as it goes moderately cold at night and stays fair during the days. It goes to around 3-5 degrees at night while staying and maintaining 10-18 degrees throughout the day.
The entire visiting time of the Valley of Flowers sees different climates in different months. Starting with the rains in the mid of July, you can always enjoy the trek using rain gears. With increasing and continuous rains during August, one can see the showers going away by the August end. Entering the place by early July, you can see the snow melting off the bridges that cater to the scenic beauty. With a mixed climate around, you are sure to have the best experience!
Camping in Ghangaria is allowed at helipad Ground, located 400 meters before main Ghangaria village. Blue Poppy Swiss cottage camps are also located there. Ghangaria is the base camp for the tour to valley of flowers and Hemkund Sahib.
This page explains about various questions about valley of flowers like what is the minimum age to visit, best time to visit type of shoes good for the trek to Valley of flowers.
The best time to visit !
The most common UNESCO World Heritage site stays open for the people in the monsoon months. If you get to know the details, you can pick your dates and enjoy the time you love the most!
June month often marks the melting glaciers in the region of Valley of Flowers . It is best for those who would love to see the germinating flowers at full bloom. So if you have been waiting to see the snow in the beautiful background of blooming flowers, June is the best time!
Filling itself with the rejuvenating environment, you will be able to see the lush green grass. You will also notice the Epilobium colony dominating the complete view by its magnificent pink color. So, if you would love the display of mountains with mist and pink shaded scene, go for a visit in July!The
It is the month when one gets to see all kinds and varieties of flowers in the Valley of Flowers . One must either pre-book the tickets due to the National holiday or choose August end for the trip. If you are a photogenic person or a nature lover, then August is the most suitable month!
It is the phase of the year where the place starts to get close to the tourists. The plants lose their leaves, and the fall season begins. It brings with itself seldom snowfalls, and everything starts to paint white. Regardless of the shedding plants, it is still a beautiful landscape.
October first week is the last visiting time for any visitors in the Valley of Flowers . Heavy snowfall begins during this period, and it often accompanies with itself a fall in temperature. It gets close for the visitors and general public from October 4.
Visiting the Biosphere reserve does not often depend on the best months. It also depends on the season and the view that you love the most. Look around for the peak period when the region is at the peak of its beauty. Look around for the seasonal distribution and go for a season you enjoy. We often recommend coming in July and August as they display the best scenes!
Valley could not be opened every year since 2012.
The region of the Valley of Flowers sees a lot of changes in the list of visitors. It keeps changing upon the year, the climate, and several other aspects. Lying in Uttarakhand, it experiences heavy rainfall. The most frequent rains lead to constant floods. It had heavy rains in 2013 that introduced floods in the region, and hence it was not welcoming. It was open in 2014 for just three days. Then it went back to its zone of no visitors. The pandemic starting in 2019 was a hindrance. The beautiful place was once again under the board of no visitors. After eight whole years, the Valley of Flowers is ready to bloom again despite the odds.
How much will you pay for the entry?
Entry ticket is a permit from the Forest department to anyone wanting to glance or get into to see the Valley of Flowers . The charge for Indian nationals and foreign tourists vary. The ticket lays valid for up to three days from the time of purchase, and an extra day, you will have to deposit more cash. The following are the payment amounts on various parameters:
- Entrance fee: The entry charge per head for Indians is Rs. 150, while the same for a foreigner is Rs. 600. Both are valid for three days.
- Extra days: For those who could not complete the visit in three days, Indians have to pay additional Rs. 50, while the foreigners pay Rs. 250 extra.
- Camera: Understanding the need for capturing the moments in the beautiful domain, any visitor can carry professional and non-professional still cameras. One can also take a non-professional movie video camera free of cost. For a professional one, Indians have to pay Rs. 500, while the foreigners pay Rs. 1500.
- Filming charge: For anyone wanting to film in the Valley of Flowers , the rates go a bit high. For feature film shoots per day, Indians have to pay one Lakh Indian rupees while the foreigners have to pay two lakh. For the documentary shoots, the rates go down by Rs. 10000 for Indians and Rs. 30000 for foreigners per day.
- Security: Security is a need when it comes to filming. For any Indian wanting security during feature film shoots, the rates are one and two Lakh respectively for Indians and foreigners per day. While for the documentary shoots, the rates are Rs. 50000 for Indians and Rs. 100000 for foreigners per day.
Knowing about the cost structure helps to plan the trip accordingly and helps to prepare for the economy. Despite the charges you will have to pay to visit and view the mountains, valleys, and beauty, you will come out of the space refreshed and happy!
Entry fee chart
Vacations are the times to enjoy yourself and go to a place that offers not just recreation and break, but also an adventure. To everyone seeking the best place to visit, the Valley of Flowers can be the best option to pick. It does not render the best place for family and welcomes people of all ages. It instills a sense of happiness and calmness that no visitor can ever forget. It caters to inner beauty and helps fill the essence of beauty and scent to everyone visiting it!
Places to visit along with your trip to Valley of flowers.
A single visit brings along the chance to visit a lot of many must-visit places near itself. The following are the mesmerizing places that one must never miss:
- Auli: Commonly known for ski resorts and as a hill station, Auli is a region filled with a richness of beauty. With a variety of flora and fauna, it also connects itself to Joshimath via cable cars. It is a must-go for all the adventurers waiting for excitement!
- Badrinath: Famous for the Badrinath temple, it is one of the holy towns in Uttarakhand, having countless visitors. A dedicated shrine for Lord Vishnu, visiting Badrinath helps to seep in mindfulness and positive vibes in the best way possible.
- Hemkund Sahib: Situated near the Lokpal lake, visiting this pilgrim spot is a must if one visits Valley of Flowers. It is a breathtaking religious place for Hindus and Sikhs. It places itself between the snow caps and glaciers at a high altitude and is a refreshment!
- Mana Village: It is the last village of India that has a mythological significance. Situated at the Indo-China border, it is just a few kilometers from the religious place Badrinath. Apart from its importance, it is a must-visit place for its beauty.
- Vasudhara Falls: Waterfalls are the most relishing to human minds by not just the sight but also the sound. Situated near to the holy place of Badrinath, it flows elegantly to join the famous Alaknanda river. With a celestial beauty, its ambiance magnetizes the tourists.
- Joshimath: Rendering an exhilarating it is an enchanting place to visit when near Valley of Flowers. It is a place that comes connecting to several Himalayan ranges, trekking expenditures, and sites around and hence is a must-see.
- Devprayag: Residing on the way to the destination, it is a place that sees the junction of three rivers into the holy river Ganga. It has a unique importance and splendid beauty. It is a must-visit and one of the most sacred places in the state of Uttarakhand.
- Rishikesh and Haridwar: Both these holy shrines situate themselves in opposite moods of the Ganga river. Rishikesh is at a higher altitude and shows the river roars, while Haridwar exhibits the calmness of river Ganga. Both are a must-visit for the spiritual impact!
- Rudraprayag: Counting itself in the Char Dham places of India, it comes on the way to the Valley of flowers. It has emerald rivers, glaciers, and other natural beauty surrounding it. It is a holy place dedicated to Lord Shiva and has a blissful image!
- Vishnu Prayag: It is one of the Panch Prayag that comes first during the river’s descent. With a suspension bridge that allows the visitors to cross the Alaknanda, it is a place with the bliss of nature, flora, fauna, and natural beauty coming from the surroundings.
- Tapovan: Placing itself above the Gangotri glacier, it finds itself to be a forest of spiritual epitome. Attracting the saints and other religious pilgrims that believe in hard penance, Tapovan is the embodiment of calmness, mindfulness, and peace.
- Mallari and Ghamshali village: Setting itself in the beautiful valleys of Uttarkhand near the Tibet border, it is a place famous for its beauty. Mallari is also a world heritage site, and the natural and the lifestyle is an attraction to several tourists who visit it exclusively.
- Chopta with Deoriatal: It is a compulsory place to visit near the Valley of flowers for an explicit trekking experience. Giving a glance of spring to the trekkers, it is the best trek that takes one into the alpine forests and helps a person see through the flora varieties.
- Pandukeshwar: A sacred place that comes on the way to Badrinath, places itself amidst the Himalayan canyon and the glacier place originating from the Alaknanda. With a splendid beauty and relevance with the history, it is a place that one should never miss.