The following is the list of things to carry for Valley of flowers trek, that we recommend you take, and is a guideline of what to bring. You are responsible for having the necessary personal equipment you need for this trek.
- Two pairs of lightweight trousers or pants, one for trekking and one to wear at night.
You can have more.
- One pair of shorts.
It will be helpful in rainy season as it will not get wet from bottom.
- Two light weight fleeces or wool jumpers.
- A woolen hat to wear in the mornings and evenings.
Temperature varies from 4 degree to 8 degree Celsius.
- A light weight umbrella or Poncho
It rains almost daily during July and August.
Sun shines very brightly during day time.
- A pair of gloves. (optional)
- A camera
You can use your mobile phone as well to click the pictures.
- A note book and/or writing paper and pen
- Duffel bag or large rucksack to carry to gear while trekking. We recommend you use something strong and sturdy.
- Daypack: This is a small rucksack to carry the gear you will need while trekking. Camera, spare jacket, waterproof jacket, water bottle, pack lunch etc.
- Water bottle
- Small towel
- Toiletries, N.B as little as possible, if you are traveling with friends try to share toiletries
- Small torch with spare batteries. (Important). There will be no electricity after 9 pm. You will need it
- Walking boots / trekking shoes. If you are buying new boots for this trip please ensure they are well broken in before hand. Few things will make you more miserable during the trek than blisters. You need to cross some shallow rivers using them (Some time jumping over round stones in shallow rivers). It is better to have shoes which does not get wet easily. (Avoid shoes made of foam and cloth kind of stuff). Our recommendation is take some woodland shoes with a backup of good quality floaters. Old shoes must be avoided if they are not in good condition as last year two of our clients got their shoes sole removed while trekking right inside the Valley of flowers. That is something no one would like to happen with himself. You also need to take them off while crossing some shallow rivers. (Kindly talk to me if you want at +91 9991142759)
- Medicines like muscle relaxant, some antibiotics, one crape bandage, if you are prone to vomiting then some medicine for that
- Some dry fruits like Fig, Cashew nut and Almonds. Also some chocolates can be bought, idea is to have high energy low weight food items while trekking. Food quality available in Ghangria is not so good. So take some fruits / biscuits for your breakfast and lunch for at least two days.
Valley of flowers tour packages 2019
Other list of things to carry and other important instruction for your trip to Valley of Flowers
Check out what to wear on the trek to valley of flowers?
Check Out the best time to visit Valley of Flowers.
You may check number of days required for valley of flowers.
79 thoughts on “Things to carry for Valley of flowers trek”
We are planning to visit valley of flowers from mangalore. two of us will be travelling to delhi from mangalore. we also want to cover haridwar, rishikesh temples and bungee jumping in rishikesh. we prefer ponies rather than trek from govind ghat to ghangaria. our trip is planned from 11th to 16 th august. kindly help us to plan it budget friendly and easy to travel
Hello, we are two female travellers planning to visit the Valley of flowers around August 14. Could you send us an itinerary. Also, what is the fitness level required for the trek. Is it very steep?
Relevant itinerary has been sent to you. No, it is a moderate trek.
Hey, Is there any lodge system? We’re planning to go on 8th jun19
No, we provide rooms on double sharing basis. We have our own properties everywhere throughout the trip except Haridwar so there will be no issues regarding services. We have sent you all the information regarding Valley of Flowers Trek. Please visit Best time to visit valley of flowers for more information.
Hi myself Jayanta from Kolkata, we the group of 3 are planning for vof on 9th August’19. So It will rain heavy by that time if yes what are the precautions should we measure. It’s recommended to trek Hemkund sahib very next day after vof. No. of buffer days required for this circuit. Thanks.
Relevant itinerary has been mailed to you. Yes, it is a rainy season but monsoon never becomes a hurdle in the trek. Yes, We can trek to Hemkund sahib very next day after Valley of Flowers. no buffer day is required. Please visit Best time to visit valley of flowers for more information.
hi,do you advise to visit vof in august and sept or one shld wait till next season. how is the weather situation, also advise for female solo traveller.
We have every Saturday Sunday departure till September end. You can join us accordingly.
do you recommend visiting valley of flower during this time by a solo female traveller. also, plz send me your best available itineray/package available.
Hi, We have many solo female traveler coming this year with us you can join them accordingly. I have sent you 21st departure itinerary you can join one of our solo traveler on this departure.
kindly let me know is going to valley of flower right now is recommended for a solo female traveler, and plz let me know with your best available itineray.
A detailed itinerary has been sent to you please go through it or you can call us on 9991242759
May i go to v o f alone ? what is the budget ?
Yes you can, A Detailed itinerary has been sent to you please go through it or you can call us on 9991242759.
We are 4-5 people looking forward for a high standard trek package in the upcoming month i.e June,2018.
Kindly send the best itinerary you got.
A detailed itinerary has been sent to you. Kindly go through it and revert you can call us on 9991242759.
Hi..we are four people and we want to come valley of flowers on 12-16aug ..can you arrange some group package for us.
A detailed itineray has been sent to you.