Khero Valley Trek is loved for its sightseeing. It is considered one of the finest walks and takes you to the Alaknanda River’s brink, which is situated in the Chamoli District of the Gharwal region. This valley lies in Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve. If you want to know its exact location, you need to check 2 kilometers away from the old Devi temple which is situated in Khero Hamlet. Along with this, it is one of the renowned treks of Uttarakhand.
The Khero Valley walk is encircled by snow-capped mountains and it also contains Unyani Lake. This valley is linked to the nearest cities and towns in Uttarakhand and is also considered as one of the top-notch treks in Uttarakhand. It is completely occupied by flowers and ayurvedic medicine plants which is good for human beings. Apart from that, you can get complete information after reading the following details given below.
If you want to go for this trekking, you can view the options mentioned below:
Tips for Khero Valley Trek
Here are some of the best tips that need to be taken care of while trekking on the Khero Valley trek:
Khero Valley trek is not for beginners. It requires a lot of training, fitness, and preliminary experience. Challenging treks include long, uphill, and challenging terrains and conditions. It contains a barren and far away region. So, you need to be prepared for the worst situations. You might find an intense amount of cold or heat, rain or strong winds, or you need to walk on snow.
- Training and Preparation
For trekking, you need to prepare yourself. To do so:
- It’s a warning for city people to start walking up and down stairs to reinforce their legs. Along with this, start doing stamina-boosting activities. In case you are carrying porters, you need to pack warm tops, snacks, and water for a day pack.
- If you try to manage in cold weather, you might find difficulty. So, you need to take cold showers at home and keep bearing it as long as you can.
- Before going on trek examine the area, route, and nearby weather conditions.
(Also Read this article”Khero Valley Trek guide”)
For packing, you need to do deep research about the weather conditions, walking area. Along with this, you can go through the below-listed points which explain what should be packed while trekking.
- Xerox of your IDs and keep some extra copies in the bagpack.
- Carry the details of the Emergency contact numbers.
- In case your trekking is planned for 2-3 days, you need to carry 2 pairs of comfortable clothing. If your trek is more than a fortnight, then you need to carry 4-5 sets of clothing.
- Carry warm tops or jackets.
- Take nice boots for trekking.
- Take warm socks.
- Proper sleep is important so carry a comfortable sleeping bag.
- While trekking you might find rain so you need to take a poncho, jacket, or raincoat.
- Get caps, sunglasses, and gloves for low temperature.
- Carry a whistle.
- Take a torch.
- Get a knife or multifunction tool.
- Carry walking stick or walking poles.